Are you a horse lover that wants a more harmonious, co-operative and trust based relationship with your horse?
The Tellington Method has been connecting horses and their people for over 45 years with a philosophy of understanding and empathy.
Combining various techniques and exercises of; observation, bodywork, groundwork, and riding, the Tellington Method is suitable for all breeds, disciplines, and experience levels as a way to “Get in TTouch with Your Horse”.
What is the Tellington Method for Horses?
The Tellington TTouch Method for horses offers a handling and training approach that encourages optimal performance and well-being. Based on the understanding that behavioural issues are often caused by pain, soreness, fear or tension in the body, TTouch addresses these underlying issues through a combination of Observation, Body Work, specific Ground Exercises, and Riding With Awareness along with an overarching attitude of respect and consideration for the horse.
Overcome common issues that may limit behaviour and performance:
- Body tension
- High-headed posture
- Touch sensitivity
- Ear shyness
- Overall distrust
These are just a few of the many concerns that can be resolved with simple, non-habitual, force-free, and innovative Tellington TTouch approaches and techniques.
Who is this for?
Anyone looking to better understand and communicate with their horses; under saddle and on the ground. The Tellington Method gives you new tools to understand and interact with your horse in positive, force-free ways.
Whether you are a life long horse guardian, professional in an equine related-industry, high-level competitor, pleasure rider, or pursuing a lifelong dream of adding a horse to your life – this course will provide you with innovative, gentle, effective and forward-thinking ways of enhancing the life of your horse, and yourself.
What You Will Learn
This course guides you through several components of the Tellington TTouch Method for Horses.
- Discover the kind, empathetic, heart-centered, philosophy that is at the core of our approach.
- Understand how to “see your horse with new eyes” through non-judgmental, rational, methods of observation and understanding of behaviour.
- Learn the cornerstone of the Tellington Method, the TTouch Bodywork, simple, non-invasive and easy to learn equine bodywork that relieves tension, improves posture, increases awareness and enhances trust.
- Become familiarized with Tellington TTouch Body Wraps, simple tools that can drastically improve balance, posture and performance in a passive, low-stress way.
- Integrate new leading and groundwork exercises that help enhance and promote functional, healthy posture without force or repetition.
- Add simple and effective tools to your riding routine to help you and your horse become more harmonious.
This course includes:
➡️ Instant lifetime access 24/7
➡️ 8 learning sections covering 19 specific topics
➡️ Hours of how-to videos and lectures
➡️ Detailed written descriptions and trouble-shooting tips
➡️ Certificate of Completion available
Welcome to the Course
- How to Navigate
- Disclaimer of Liability
About the Tellington TTouch Method for Horses
- Overall Goals
- The Fundamentals
- Staying Grounded – Heart Hugs
- The Power of Pause
- Developing Your Eye
- Five F’s
- The Wand & Lead
- Head Lowering
Bodywork: The TTouches
- 9 Elements of TTouch
- Initial TTouches – Zig Zag, Clouded Leopard, Llama, Lick of the Cow’s Tongue
- Extremity TTouches – Tail TTouch, Ear TTouch, Leg Circles
TTouch Body Wraps
- Head Wraps
- Body Wraps
- Wraps for Riders
Dance Steps: Leading Exercises
- Elegant Elephant & Dingo
- The Playground for Higher Learning
The Joy of Riding
- The Balance Rein